It’s that time of the year again! The Hogwartian capes, dramatic sashes, and bizarre caps are adorned, if a little over-eagerly, and everyone awkwardly standing around trying not too look too pleased with themselves. Back in the day, one could argue that Graduations are primarily for the parents; giving them an appropriate space to group together and brag about their children. Nowwadays however, Graduations are basically an opportunity to flood social media with cryptic status and the jumping poses in front of statues.
Here are 6 unique looks which will ensure you get more success on instagram than you did on your degree!
Classic Body con
Knee-length and slim fitting, the classic body con shape is a classic at every formal event. Get one with a bright colour or some fun details to stand out in the photos.
- Zara Orange Lace Detail Dress: £19.99
- Topshop Multicross Strap Bodycon Dress: £28
- ASOS Floral T-shirt Dress: £48 (available in both tall and petite)
Bored of dresses? Jumpsuits are the way to go. Thanks to peer pressure, you will probably be the only female not in a dress, so you will instantly stand out! Go for one with a fun print and a good fit so you are still effortlessly stylish after the ceremony.
- ASOS Pepe Jeans Juliene Print Jumpsuit: £80
- Mango Printed Jumpsuit: £35.99
- Nordstrom Strapless Culotte Jumpsuit: £104.70
If you want the effortless fashion of the jumpsuit, but the prospect of not being able to pee without getting naked somewhat puts you off the idea, you can instead go for the suave trouser suit option. By having one statement piece; whether that be your trousers, or your shirt, you can keep the rest of your look classic and understated. As it can get hot under the robes and general anticipation, I would recommend giving your jacket to your plus one prior the ceremony, and you can get it back on route to the pub.
- ASOS Floral Culottes: £40
- ASOS Marble Layered Shirt: £20
- Mango Contrast Buttoned Jacket: £29.99
- Mango Straight Fit Trousers: £25
- Mango Poplin Shirt: £14.99
Finally, if you want a sure fire way to make sure your instagram blows up during Graduation, you will need a statement dress. A dress rich in detail and fun textures. Warning, these are not for the faint of heart, and if you have any fear about tripping during the ceremony, I would recommend an outfit with trousers!
- ASOS Ocelot Slip Dress: £85
- ASOS Cocktail Open Back Dress: £95
- Three Floor Fit and Flare Illusion Waist Dress: £79
Which one is your favourite? Also I want to do posts with things on my pinterest wishlist, what do you guys think? Hope you’re enjoying the weekend!