I know to the hundreds of kitchen- savvy parents, and anyone who took part in the Great British Bake Off, making homemade pancakes is no big thing. To them, it’s probably a duck out first thing in the morning when they don’t want to cook.
But to a cooking-avoidant, fairly poor student like myself, they are a massive, and rather tasty triumph. Plus it’s so much cheaper then buying them!
This recipe is BBC blueberry pancakes (:
– 200g of self raising flour;
– 300ml of milk;
– pinch of salt;
– 1tbsp of baking powder;
– 1 egg;
– Blueberries (however much you like);
– Goji berries (again however many you like);
1) Add the flour, baking powder and salt together in a large bowl and box together.
2) Beat milk and eggs together.
3) Make a large dip in the centre of the flour mixture, and add the milk-egg combo.
4) Beat all together until it becomes a smooth, thick batter.
5) Melt down some of the butter and add to the mixture, and beat together.
6) Chuck in the majority of the blueberries, Goji berries, and whatever else you’d like.
7) Heat up the pan, and use the rest of the butter to it grease up (I just melted it down).
8) Use a large tablespoon to spoon out some of the mixture into the pan. Allow the mixture to heat up until small bubbles appear on the surface (about 2-3 mins), and then flip it over.
9) After 2-3 mins, take the pancakes onto a plate and cover with kitchen roll. When all your pancakes are finished, remove the kitchen roll, and decorate with the rest of the fruit, some golden/maple syrup and some yogurt.
Ta da! Healthy(ish), cheap pancakes, which can count for just under a week of breakfasts. Enjoy! (: